Sedation Dentistry Services
Complete Dental Care With Ease
The uneasiness of pain during the course of dental treatments has caused millions of people to avoid regular checkups and visits. The constant feeling of anxiousness leads to unnecessary dental neglect, worsening of dental conditions and future pain and expense. The good news is, anxiety towards pain during dental treatments is preventable, and the Alpine Dental team is here to help!
Sedation Dentist Can Help
- Those with fear of dental treatments
- Patients who have had traumatic dental experiences in the past
- People that have difficulty getting numb
- Those who have extremely sensitive teeth
- When there are complex dental issues
Sedation Dentistry can help you overcome your fears that hold you back from getting the dental treatments you need in order for a healthy smile. At Alpine Dentist, our office offers “sedation dentistry” for patients, and we would be more than happy to discuss the options with you.
Call now for a FREE sedation consult. Let us take care of the rest. (763) 536-1118
Patients who are currently on other medications should speak with their medical doctor prior to sedation services. Previous allergic reactions to other medications should also be noted to the sedation dentist.
Is Sedation Dentistry Right for You?
It is extremely important to know that a visit to the dentist can be a positive experience, even when treatment is needed. With the latest technology, modern dentistry now provides safe, effective and comfortable alternative treatments to anxious and nervous patients.
Sedation dentistry is used to offer a relaxing and a fearless experience when receiving dental treatment. It gives patients who are too afraid to go to the dentist to get the dental care they need and deserve while avoiding the common dread known as dental phobia. At Alpine Dental, we are confident we can make your dental visit a positive one and help you improve the health of your teeth and give you the confidence you need to be proud of your smile.
Alpine Dental uses 2 different methods to dispense the sedation medication depending on the procedure, and the patient’s preference. They are:
- Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Sedation – Commonly known as the “laughing gas” is the most frequently used station procedure used in the dentist office. All bodily functions stay normal, and the patient is able to breathe on their own. The patient will commonly fall asleep and may encounter some degree of amnesia about what happened during their dental appointment. Inhalation sedation has been used by dentists for many years.
- IV Sedation – Also known as Deep Conscious Sedation, IV Sedation is used by oral surgeons and dentists with specialized training and special certification only. IV sedation allows medications to go directly into the blood stream, and is administered in our office by a specially trained and experienced nurse anesthetist. The benefit of this is the ability to fluctuate, if needed, the amount of sedation medication, with the effect being almost instantaneous. IV sedation is not used too often in most dental office because of the specialized advanced training required, and the proper requirements for the certification by the State Board of Dentistry. Alpine Dentistry and our staff are highly trained and certified in these procedures.
Fall Asleep and Wake Up to Your Gorgeous Smile!